L3 Electrotechnical Apprentice - South Lakes
PPM Ltd is a property maintenance company with offices throughout Cumbria and Yorkshire.
As a L3 Electrotechnical apprentice within PPM Ltd you will receive:
- High quality training and development opportunities
- Personalised support from managers and mentors
- The opportunity to work alongside skilled and experienced staff gaining valuable job specific and transferable skills that will support you in your future career
L3 Electrotechnical Apprentice:
We are currently looking to recruit a L3 Electrotechnical Apprentice to work from our South Lakes depot in Millom, Cumbria. We require a conscientious and motivated team player with excellent communication skills at all levels.
You will require GCSE Grades A-C in Mathmatics, English or new grading equivalent. New apprentices will also have to successfully pass the Gen2 aptitude testing.
This apprenticeship is a 42 month programme.
In the first year of your electrotechnical apprenticeship, you will be based with our PPM South Lakes depot in Millom 4 days a week, and study 1 day a week at the Gen2 Skills Centre in Ulverston.
Core Knowledge and Skills:
You will learn how to carry out a range of tasks including general maintenance, installing safety features and full refurbishments of residential properties.
Electricians will use engineering knowledge and understanding to apply their technical and practical skills. They will contribute to the design, development, manufacture, construction, commissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, processes, systems or services.
- Understand and apply the principles, practices and legislation for the termination and connection of conductors, cables and cords in electrical systems.
- Understand and apply the practices and procedures for the preparation and installation of wiring systems and electrotechnical equipment in buildings, structures and the environment.
- Understand and apply the principles, practices and legislation for the inspection, testing, commissioning and certification of electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment.
- Understand and apply the principles, practices and legislation for diagnosing and correcting electrical faults in electrotechnical systems and equipment in buildings, structures and the environment.
- Understand and apply the electrical principles associated with the design, building installation and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
- Oversee and organise the work environment.
Does this sound like you?
If yes, then please send apply via the Gen2 website http://www.gen2.ac.uk/vacancies-2/recruitment/
PPM Limited is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.