Commercial Support Assistant - Workington
Directly reporting to the Commercial Manager
Collate and verify all data relating to all activities, in order for PPM Ltd to produce client / customer invoices within a timely manner.
Comply with customer / client contract terms and conditions to maximise sales opportunities.
Compile and verify all reactive & major void works on to a DCI (Draft Consolidated Invoice), daily & weekly by client.
General Duties & Responsibilities
• Analyse sales transactions
• Run ‘Work in Progress’ (WIP) reports
• Analyse and help maintain current operating systems (EPIX) to ensure effectiveness
• Report directly to management on data input and any potential improvements
• Collection of data to help improve costing mechanisms
• Periodic team and operational meeting attendance
• Identifying new opportunities / markets
• Assist supply chain management
• Help with Corporate Social Responsibilities
• Input commercial and administrative data onto company systems
• Collating engineer reports and timesheets to assist service delivery
• Processing purchase orders and delivery notes for supplier payments
• Commercial review and assigning chargeable job status and costs to work orders
• Prepare client quotations and maintain quotation registers
• Maintain and update commercial records as directed
• Identify any unnecessary costs and inefficient activities
• Assist in the prompt preparation and settlement of final applications, including variations, claims and disputes
• General office duties such answering telephone calls, taking minutes during meetings etc.
• Predominantly based within our Workington branch
• Job role requires person to travel between all PPM branches
• Provide absence (planned and unplanned) cover throughout all branches as and when required
• Previous experience working in a commercial role
• Previous experience dealing with subcontractors and /or suppliers
• Previous experience working in construction / maintenance management industry
• Previous experience raising and managing purchase orders
• Previous experience using EPIX or similar work diary / costing software
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel Applications
Personal attributes we are looking for in a candidate
A desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture.
• Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
• Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
• Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
• Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
• Experience in a fast paced business across multi-depot sites
• Self-starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with any deadlines.
• Excellent IT Skills
• Must be diligent and have excellent attention to detail
What PPM Ltd Offers
• Workplace Pension
• Permanent Contract
• Company Vehicle
• Mobile Phone
Does this sound like you?
If yes, then please click “Apply Now” to submit your CV
PPM Limited is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.