Gas Service Supervisor - Cumbria
PPM Ltd is a responsive and planned property maintenance company based in Cumbria & Yorkshire. We provide services for social housing clients as well as private clients. Due to expansion and growth we are currently seeking a Gas Supervisor to join our team.
The purpose of this business-critical role is to take responsibility for our gas engineer team in achieving scheduled work within timescale, ensuring a good reactive service is delivered, minimizing second-fix jobs, acting as a technical support and the 'go to' person for the gas engineer team whilst being an advocate for good health and safety practices and Industry compliance. The role will require you to travel throughout the whole of Cumbria.
- Leading the gas engineer team, ensuring work is completed to a high standard, meeting Industry compliance and standards within given timescales, working closely with our clients
- Acting as a technical support and the 'go to' person within the team for advice and assistance; working 'on the tools' when required to support the team and lead by example.
- Ensuring all planned & reactive maintenance work is completed to high working standards & supervising works.
- Having excellent technical knowledge and abilities and being able to translate this and communicate with the team
- Ensure all paperwork produced is clear, concise and complies with current legislation and best practice.
- Having the ability to multi-task and prioritise workload effectively.
- Excellent organisation skills and IT skills are required.
- Comply with our effective and timely complaints handling process, maintaining a solution focused approach
- Ensure a professional image is presented to customers and visitors and ensure excellence in customer service is always delivered and promoted.
- Ensure that professional and technical skills are maintained through a commitment to personal development and life-long-learning.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience 'on the tools'
- Relevant and current Industry standard qualifications
- Prior supervisory experience desired
- Pragmatic, efficient, and confident approach to decision-making.
- Great communicator
- Have strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to resolve problems with own initiative/experience.
The successful candidate will…
- Have a full driving licence with legal entitlement to drive in the UK
- Be prepared to undergo a PVG criminal check
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Permanent Contract
- Workplace Pension, Current contribution rates - Employee 5%, Employer 3%
- Company Van
- Mobile Phone - for Responsive Works
- Rate of Pay negotiable depending on experience
- Full-time, Permanent
- From £28,000.00 per year
Does this sound like you?
If yes, then please click “Apply Now” to submit your CV and online application
PPM Limited is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.